Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Celebrity Whore #1

I can't seem to put a whole thought together in my head these days. I don't know whether it's the going-on-four-days rash of migraines or the general stress of this life or WHAT.

My last truly happy day was on Friday. We went to the Crimson Lounge in Chi-town to dance, drink and see/hear Samantha Ronson dj. It is a gross understatement to say that the lady impressed! I've never been so enamored of a chick in my life! Her mixes were amazing, the place was cozy and fairly hipster, and it was really fun. There were three V.I.P. areas, but I didn't see anyone more famous than myself there. It's a shame that I haven't gotten myself into more beautiful shape yet. I was too shy to approach Samantha. Plus, when she dj's, she's, like, serious. The house dj was jumping around like his pants were on fire - I guess he was groovin' - but SamRon is all about concentration. She had her headphones on one ear and was just watching that Mac screen and pushing buttons, all that. I was never fascinated by what a DJ does before; for that matter, I was never fascinated by a girl before.

So, on Saturday and all the days following, what have I been doing? Girl-crushing. Celebrity stalking. Whatever. I downloaded a bunch of awesome mixes that she has on her myspace page and also from Zune. Everything that can be purchased of hers, I think I have. I haven't even listened to all of it yet, except when I first decided to download it of course. Sigh, but I digress.

I don't know why Us Weekly or Star don't give me a job. Maybe I should apply; it might just be as easy as that! I mean, I am a stellar reporter, editor and writer, all rolled into one! And I definitely have a passion for the job. I would even sign a contract stating that I would never stand at Jon Gosselin's (of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" fame) gate and ask to meet him, then fall in love with him the next day and have to resign (this happened recently to a Star reporter). I mean, yes, I care a lot about matters of Spirituality/Mysticism/Religion and have studied that quite a lot on my own. I also am involved in pursuing a career in the Law, and of course, I am passionate about social issues such as Healthcare Reform '09.

It's just that this stuff comes so easily to me!! No, I'm serious! One minute, I'm checking Twitter to see whether my crush has posted any tidbit, any drop of minutae from her thoughts or about her life ... and the next thing you know I have meandered through Google, Ask, and Wikipedia and read up on the entire history of D.J. AM (Adam Goldstein), Good Charlotte, Ashley Simpson (I refuse to call her Simpson-Wentz; it takes too long), and all the former members of O-Town. I am a walking encyclopedia of A, B, C, and D List celebrities. Ask me anything, and I can tell you what they're doing. I don't know why I'm like this, and I've started not to care!

All I need now is for one of these ubiquitous online blogs (perhaps my own?) or magazines to send me off to interview and get the "scoop" on everyone! I'll go wherever, do whatever! It's what I do anyway. And I was always told that if you can find a way to get paid for what you love to do anyway, then that's the key ... As they say, then you never "work" a day in your life.

Hollywood, here I come!

No comments: